Health and Safety Precautions
To date, around 90% of the Cuban population has been full vaccinated against Covid with three doses. The country of roughly 11 million remains the only country in Latin America and the Caribbean to have produced a homegrown shot for covid.
Safety the health and safety of our travelers is our highest priority. The coronavirus pandemic presents new challenges, and are enhancing our protocols to meet those challenges. Every aspect of your journey will be planned on safety first. Everything from our selected accommodations and restaurants we frequent will follow our rigid protocols to protect your health and assure maximum cleanliness. We will take care of all of the details, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your experience in Cuba. These are our commitments to you:
- all vehicle services will be cleaned and sanitized each day
- all restaurants will serve plated meals instead of offering buffets, including breakfast
- all rooms will be sanitized and deep-cleaned prior to check-in, and housekeeping staff will wear masks and gloves
- all porters, drivers, hotel or casa staff and tour representatives will wear a face mask and gloves when handling your luggage.
- our tour staff will wear face masks and other appropriate personal protective equipment and regularly wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer
- all travelers will be required to wear face masks while touring public places, particularly indoors, and on our vehicles. In Cuba, such amenities as hand sanitizer and masks will be limited, so we ask you bring your own supply of both. We will do our best to have an emergency supply on hand should the need arise.
- if you or any other traveler exhibits symptoms of illness, we will promptly seek a medical evaluation, and assess whether any travelers should be isolated from the group.